Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Busted Nose, Fire Trucks, and Broken Hearts


So, it's been awhile since I have blogged. Busy doesn't even come close to whats been going on. The same time my hubby had his surgery and was supposed to be recuperating I ended up with a bad case of bronchitis (my own fault). Had a fever of 102.9 3 days running. I was miserable. The kids were bored and miserable. They were so bored that at some point in time they asked my girlfriend if they could live at her house until Mom and Dad got better! Out of the mouths of babes!

So after the recuperating process was over, I took the kids to the swimming pool. They had been begging for a week straight. In just one week from being away from the pool, Carly learned to float on her back, do a handstand in the water and flip underwater. All on her own! So then she wanted to show me how she could jump in the deep end. Arms out in the air I was ready to catch her and my son called my name. In the brief second I turned my head then turned it back Carly had jumped and smashed her mouth right into my nose. Worried about her, picked her up and ran to the aid station at the pool. Blood was running everywhere. She had already stopped crying when they began to check her out and found she had bit her lip. Luckily it was not bad. The lifeguard turned to look at me then noticed I was bleeding from the nose. She had not only smashed it with her little head, but bit it in the process. It took a week to heal, but we now have our own little memory of "accident" at the pool.

A week ago, I had just finished cooking barbecue chicken sandwiches for the family. I had some hamburger I needed to cook up before it went bad. I threw it in the skillet and threw on some taco seasoning for bell burgers the next day. I go outside to check on the girls while they are washing a neighbors van. I get crazy Mommy stalkerish and grab my camera from inside to take beaucoup pics. I am just having a blast watching them get wet, play in the bubbles, and pride themselves on a job well done. I go back to the house and sit on the porch looking at the pics on my camera. I hear smoke alarms. It sounds like it is coming from my neighbors house. I get up to check when all of a sudden Corbin comes crashing out the front door with black smoke rolling out behind him and he is coughing and choking. I call 911 and 3 fire trucks, an ambulance and 2 police cars show up. The house didn't burn down, Corbin was placed on oxygen for awhile and now no one in the neighborhood wants to come over for dinner anymore. Thank God for miracles. My brave son was upstairs playing Halo 2 when the alarms were going off. He came downstairs and instead of going straight out, he found the cause, turned off the burner, and ran. I am so thankful he is okay.

The Pink Cowboy Boots.
Carly spotted a pair of pink cowboy boots in Walmart. She tried them on just to dance around in them for a few. She fell in love. I couldn't afford them. She called Papa after asking us for them for 12 hours straight. Papa went to Walmart in Ohio. No pink cowboy boots. Decided to go ahead and break the budget to get them (after all...she must be spoiled:) The boots are gone. She is broken hearted. Now she has spotted a Pink Barbie Jeep......we are in trouble.

No comments: